Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two February Finishes!



This quilt just sort of happened.  I began the year with overflowing scrap bins so I started making string blocks to empty out the bins.  This quilt is 82"X99" and the scrap bins still aren't empty.  If you're interested in making a string quilt, there is a great tutorial here!
Below is a close up of the details and a photo of the backing fabric.  The quilt was quilted with straight-ish lines on either side of all of the horizontal, vertical, and diagonal seams.




                                                
 About the same time that I started into the string quilt, a quilt along for the Scrappy Trip Around the World quilt began to pop up on Instagram.  I couldn't resist so I jumped into two projects at once.  If you are on Instagram there are over 4000 photos of these quilts inspired by the quilt along.  Search for #scrappytripalong.

Scrappy Trip Around the World
Detail and backing fabric
Both of these quilts are for sale in my etsy shop you can find the listings here and here!

2 comments:

  1. I've been following your progress on IG and I'm in love with your strings quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your string quilt! I recently made one in rainbow order too and I was thinking something black and white for the backing. I guess great minds think alike, eh?

    ReplyDelete