Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Slow Growing...

From the frequency of these posts, you'd think that I haven't been sewing much but you'd be wrong!  I've been making a new string quilt, slowly.  I've made another quilt for my friend from her great grandmother's quilt squares.  I've been making significant progress on my Farmer's Wife Blocks and hope to get another good photo of them soon.  I've also made 50 yards of outdoor patio curtains for a friend/client.  Now I'm about to embark on a new challenge.  My step father restores and rebuilds old cars and has asked me to sew seat covers for his latest challenge.  I am going to try.  I do have the old seat covers to use as a pattern so, surely, I can do this!  I'll take pictures of that when they are installed in the beautifully redone car!  I'm supposed to be able to tell you what year, make, and model that car is but I can't get those things to stick in my head!  (Maybe I just don't care...I can't even remember the year that my car was made!)


 Progress on String Quilt!
 Vintage quilt made for my friend out of her great grandmother's quilt squares!
 My happy place.  
Last weekend my darling husband went to IKEA and bought me these matching jars for sorting my fabric scraps by color.  I LOVE them!  Thanks, Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment